Image Map

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day number two! Easy!!!

So it's day number two, and we did the same thing for her morning nap that we did yesterday, nurse, rock, and lay her down. And she fussed and she threw fits, but she didn't absolutely break down and sob. And ten minutes later she was passed out. It was amazing. I couldn't believe it.
She only slept for 45 minutes but it's going to take some time, I know that. But we're off to a great start I think! I am so excited that so far I haven't had to listen to her scream for an hour! Knock on wood though. Cause we haven't started at bed time yet.

Afternoon nap, Same deal, very minimal crying, lots of fussing, but SEVEN minutes later she was asleep. Face down in her favoite position.
I am just in awe.
I really think the key to this whole thing was waiting till she was old enough to understand that just because she's in her bed and she can't see Mommy, that Mommy is still there, and will come back. If we'd done this when she was younger I think it may have been a lot more crying, which means a lot harder on me and her!! But it's still a work in progress. Who knows, tomorrow she could completely change it up and cry for an hour and totally break me.

No comments:

Post a Comment