Image Map

Friday, February 21, 2014

Don't throw out your old catalogs!

How many of you direct sales consultants have tons of outdated catalogs? I know I do. I tend to buy too many so I don't run out. I'm then left with a big stack that can't be used. I decided to put them to use! Waste nothing! My wonderful friend over at Dear Madaline Designs taught me to make these cute envelopes last summer. My life was changed forever! I now use them for everything!! Christmas gifts, goodie bags, door prizes, so many choices!! Now I will spread the love and share with you! Normally I use a glue stick for these, but the catalog paper is so slick and it's going through the post office I thought it should be extra tight. Hot glue it is!
Here we go! Super cute envelopes in just ten steps!!

Step 1: Gather up your old catalogs. Open it to the middle and find the seam. Remove the staples. Don't use your fingernails! These guys are tough!!







Step 2: Look at all these beautiful future envelopes. Choose your favorite page!







Step 3: Fold the right side in, to meet the middle seam. Flatten the fold nice and thin.








Step 4: Repeat step 3 on the left side.
(you can fold these to make the envelope as small or large as you like)







Step 5: Glue the seam down, from the top all the way to the bottom. I use as thin a strip of glue as possible so it's not bulky.







Step 6: Glue the bottom of the envelope closed, as close to the bottom edge as possible. Remember, thin strips of glue if you're using hot glue. Bulky envelopes are no good.






Step 7: Fold over the bottom of the envelope and glue down. Flatten that fold down nice and tight.













Step 8: Fold down the top of the envelope. I like to make a bigger fold for the top. You will not be gluing this one down!












Step 9: Add your fillings for your happy mail! Your customers will be so excited!
I like to seal the envelope with my business information. Maybe someone will see something they like on my "envelope" and they'll know exactly who to contact!





Step 10: Add your labels and head off to the post office! I guarantee these envelopes will not soon be forgotten!
(I have not been to the post office yet, I don't know how much postage this will take but will update when I do. I can't imagine it will be much.)






I tried to explain it well but if you have questions, feel free to ask in the comments!


Side note, when using these for goodie bags I punch two holes in the top flap and tie it with a ribbon. The bow is usually MUCH bigger but I was toying with the idea of sending the bow through the post. I decided I'd rather use a sticker with all my info on it. 

2 comments:

  1. Love this idea!! Approximately how much did your postage cost?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was a little over two dollars if I'm remembering correctly.

      Delete