Image Map

Monday, October 21, 2013

Letting go of my need to control..


When ever I do art projects with Tenley, I have a really hard time letting go of what I have in my head of how it's supposed to turn out. 
I have to actively remind myself that it is her project and let her do it by herself. 
So when we started our card making this morning it was a struggle. She was supposed to use her thumb to make a monster on the front of the card. She used everything but her thumb. She put her whole hand in the paint and went to town. I sat by gritting my teeth telling her how good she was doing! And there is a very good reason that I let her do her thing (besides the obvious!).  
They turned out even cuter than they would have if she had just done a single thumbprint! I adore her creativity in adding the arms legs and hair. And their tiny mouths are so precious!!
Thank you Pinterest for this great idea! We had a great time and are so excited to put these in the mail to all her cousins!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment